We focus on effective focused Shock Wave Therapy for the following conditions
– plantar fasciitis
– calcaneal spur
– periarthritis of the shoulder
– gonarthrosis of the knee
– coxarthrosis of the femoral head and many other conditions.
Since the early 1990s, PiezoWave2 Extracorporeal Focused Shock Waves Therapy has been successfully used to treat chronic pain conditions.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT ) and Trigger Point Shock Wave Ttherapy (TPST) are highly effective and noninvasive treatments of chronic pain in the musculoskeletal system.
Through its successful use in other indications for the treatment of acute and chronic pain of the musculoskeletal system, ESWT has firmly established itself in the conservative treatment spectrum of physicians.
Mechanisms and effects of ESWT described in the literature:
• Induced release of growth factors such as TGF-ß1, VEGF
• Stimulation of fibroblast proliferation
• Stimulation of lubricin (a protein found in synovial fluid, the fluid that lubricates joints, and
in the superficial layers of articular cartilage. Its main function is to reduce friction between the
joint surfaces during movements, preventing wear and abrasion of the cartilages themselves. Lubricin is
essential for joint health and function, and its deficiency has been associated with several joints
diseases, such as osteoarthritis)
• Stimulation of mesenchymal stem cell migration
• Antibacterial effect
• Improvement of local circulation and suppression of proinflammatory processes.